If you are interested in hosting a trial and sanctioning with Mountain States Stockdogs, please fill out our Online Sanctioning Application below.
- If you have never hosted a trial before and you would like help or want to talk to a board member, please feel free to contact any one of them! Click here
- The MSSA sanctions five (5) classes: Open, Nursery, Intermediate, Novice and Junior Handler. The eligibility requirements for each class are described below. It is not necessary for all MSSA sanctioned classes to be offered in order to have the trial qualify for sanctioning. Trials may also include additional non-sanctioned classes. The qualifications for non-sanctioned classes are left up to the trial host.
- ALL runs made during a sanctioned trial are required to be included in the sanctioning fees to MSSA. Non sanctioned classes held during an MSSA trial are covered under insurance so they must be included in the sanctioning fees of $5 per run.
- Sanctioned trials are limited to the following states: Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico. As well as all of Canada.
- If you would like to host a trial outside of the above states you may petition MSSA Board of Directors for approval. Please use email@example.com
- The trial host must be a member in good standing with the MSSA.